Walk for Awareness and COVID Safety Planning QLD Health Approved
This event has been approved by Qld Health as a Covid Safe Event. As we all know, COVID-19 has changed all our lives, right across the world. Whilst this has been devastating, the response by Governments and communities has been outstanding, particularly in Queensland. Obviously, as organisers of this great event, we have been monitoring the situation and have been in close contact with the local Health Officials and Government on how COVID-19 may impact the Walk for Awareness. To assist with our great efforts with raising much needed funds for mental health support this year we are launching our virtual event. The virtul event has invited the rest of Australia (and the world) to join us on this date to help raise the awareness and funds for Mental Health in Australia. The physical event will change from what we know with reduced numbers at the venue at any one time. We are requesting that you book into a specific time slot while entering. We encourage you to not arrive at the venue any earlier than 30 minutes to your nominated start time. We will send you through more information on the process in the morning to ensure you have a safe and comfortable Walk for Awareness experience in 2020.
- We do encourage at-risk participants to consider participating in the virtual event – this includes participants over 65 years old or anyone with medical conditions.
- Participants are encouraged to wear PPE within the festival area but can be removed when out on course if you prefer.
- Please always maintain physical distance this is 1.5m or two big steps away from another participant.
- Use hand sanitizer provided and bring your own.
- Wash your hands regularly at handwashing stations
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle with you as limit water will be provided at the event.
- Minimise the number of supporters to attend the event and
- If feeling unwell, the expectation that they will not attend the event.
- If you become unwell at the event seek medical care immediately
- If you become ill after the event to contact the event organisers.
Your health, the health of our volunteers, and the workforce are of primary importance, so rest assured we will implement a safe, successful, and fun event for you. During this time, we do know large parts of the community have been focusing on their health and people taking up walking to keep fit and mentally healthy. We hope to welcome some new faces virtually to the Walk for Awareness event this year, which is extremely exciting. Be safe, stay fit, and healthy and we look forward to seeing your smiling faces from across Australia on Sunday, October 11, 2020.
Let us make this the largest walk in the world for Mental Health Awareness, we need you more than ever! You are Awesome!