Virtual Event Participation
Join us at 8am Sunday 11th October, 2020 by tuning into our live Facebook Feed for the Annual Walk for Awareness, Australia's biggest Mental Health Walk. You can participate in the walk by doing your own 8km walking circuit anywhere you are in Australia (or the world!).
Registration is $35 per adult entry. This includes 1 Free T-Shirt for you to wear on the day.
Kids under 10 years old is Free, but do not get a T-Shirt unless you add this on during registration.
Event Schedule - When to Join Us!
Tune in on our Facebook Page from 7.30am to the 2020 Walk for Awareness Livestream and participate in the walk.
Start walking from 8.30am.
Anywhere! You pick the distance, location and course.
Stay Social - #MAfwalk
We would love to see photos and videos of you and your team doing the Walk for Awareness in your local area, all for mental health and awareness.
Every time you post on social media - please tag #MAfwalk and we'll share to the official event social pages. If you would like to send videos or photos through to show on the official event livestream, please send via WhatsApp to the Mental Awareness phone: 0456398828 (outside of Australia: +61456398828).
Registration and Event Kits
This year you can register yourself and get your event kit sent to you in advance of the event. Your event kit includes your registration and your T-Shirt. For on-time delivery of your T-Shirt, please ensure you complete your fundraising profile before Friday 2nd October. If you happen to have registered after the 2nd October, you will get still get your shirt, however, it will arrive after the 11th October.
Registration Close Date
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to accept any registrations on the day of the event and there will be no Registration area this year to avoid a build of up people. We strongly encourage you to register before the event and all registrations must be received no later than 5pm on Saturday 10th October, 2020.
The below is an outline of the registration process. To register, click the "Register" button on this website and select either the Physical or Virtual option.
- Your information - We'll need some basic information from you such as your name, email, mobile number, T-Shirt size and address. You'll also need to accept our event terms and waiver.
- Your Page - Here you will be asked to create your Fundraising page that you can share with your friends. As well as some short event questions.
- Team - You have the option to Create a Team, Join a Team or simply sign up as an Individual on this step
- Invite - Want to invite your friends? You can do that on this step and also pay for your friends if you like. You can also add your children if under 10 years old on this step also. Each of your friends will get their own email invitation to join you at the walk. They will need to create and register themselves.
- Merchandise - Here you can add additional merchandise if you wish to purchase anything. You can skip this if you want to
- Donation - You can add an additional donation if you wish as well or you can skip this as well.
- Payment - Finally, your event registration plus any additional add-ons are totalled up and you can pay online via our secure checkout.
We look forward to having you join us on the day or via our online Live Feed.
Joining a Team
Search for your team that you want to join and click on the "Join this Team" button on the team page to join a team!
Creating a Team
You will first need to register yourself and during the registration process, you will have the option to create your team.
Swapping between Physical and Virtual Events
Contact us directly if you wish to swap between the Physical and Virtual event options
T-Shirts & Registering after 2nd October
If you register for the Physical Event, you can collect your shirt on the day.
If you register for the Virtual Event, you will receive your shirt after the event in the post if you have provided an address.
Plan Your Day
We love that you are generating awareness in your local area about the importance of mental health and joining us to walk 8km for awareness or supporting the cause. There are a lot of ways to get involved. Follow the event live stream on the Mental Awareness Foundation Facebook page. The live stream will run on the morning from 8am to 12pm AEST. It will also be available to playback on-demand post-event.
This year the dedication wall has gone virtual! Jump online to print out a copy of the tribute card, decorate it and wear it on your walk. You can then take a photo of it and post it online, and don’t worry you will be able to post this anonymously through the website. Dedications from all over the world will be posted.
Do not forget to keep fundraising for the event. All proceeds will go towards the work on the frontline of Mental Health Issues and Suicide Prevention.
Fundraising does not stop until the end of October 2020 and we encourage you to share your own or your team's Fundraising page.
Virtually participating allows you to design your own course wherever you are in the world. Create your own course, the kilometres or time to complete the course is up to you! Walk around your neighbourhood or your favourite walking course. Do it by yourself or bring some friends along with you or even your fur babies.
Please ensure you take plenty of water if you wish to take a long walk.
Though you are not with us, we want you to have fun and be safe. Please ensure you follow the safety procedures below:
- Please ensure you are aware of any local COVID restrictions, and comply with them throughout your walk
- Please be mindful of the public using the paths
- Always stay left unless passing another person
- Ensure that you maintain social distancing at all times
- Please help us by being conscious and respectful of the COVID Safe rules and the community around you on the walk as the event represents the Mental Awareness Foundation, and we would like it to be a positive experience for all involved.
Stay social with MAf and connect
The Livestream will be available on-demand, on the Mental Awareness Foundation Facebook page, after the event so you can playback the special memories.